Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Quilt is Done!


Here is my completed "Colors of the Wind" quilt!  A lot of hours went into this one.  I love the mix of colors.  The pattern can be found in the book Clever Quarters, Too: More Quilts from Fat Quarters by Susan Teegarden Dissmore.  I wanted a Fall quilt that was non-traditional Fall colors.  Wasabi Girl named it for the song in the movie "Pocahontas."  In the movie, there are several scenes with colorful leaves swirling around her hair.

I quilted all of the seams in the ditch and added leaf motifs to each leaf block.  I created an oak leaf garland in the border and added a freehand feather pattern around the outer border to represent wind.

Of course the minute it was complete and I spread it on the bed to look at it, Hestia had to hop up and start a bath.  I'll take that as her seal of approval.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

I call my cats my quilt inspectors. They are involved with every step of the quilt making process, even sitting near the sewing machine checking on my seams.

Lindsay said...

Stunning quilt, love the colours you picked

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

The colors are so rich and vibrant, perfect for an autumn themed quilt. Very nice quilting too!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs