Saturday, January 3, 2015

On the second day of stitching

Here is my next start for the year: "Autumn Harvest Festival" by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.  I already love the little slices of pumpkin pie on each end.  This is a band sampler and I've watched everyone on Instagram start from the top, but for some reason, I've decided to start from the bottom.  I love the Fall colors.

Last year I saved up all of my orts (scraps of embroidery floss) in a big vase.  Here it is in all of its final glory.

The top layer of floss papers are from all the floss I purchased for new projects this year.  There really is a lot of work represented in this jar and I'm very proud of it.

This year I'm saving my scraps in a plastic ornament.  One for each month.  To go on a sewing-themed tree next Christmas.  We'll see if I can keep this up.  It is fun to see the orts accumulate.

Not much stitching is going to happen today.  Drama Girl has torn apart the great room with her frenzy of last-minute packing.  We're getting everything ready to put her on the red-eye flight tonight.


0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs