Monday, May 20, 2019

The End of the Game

I admit that I, too, invested a decade of my life waiting to see who would finally win the Game of Thrones. Like so many others, I was incredibly disappointed with the final season.

But what I'm not disappointed in, is how this series brought people I know together. Two of my kids have been avid watchers for years. Many people I know watch it. Sharing the finale was something we rarely get to experience in these days of streaming. Everyone is usually binging their own current favorite on their own schedule.

It reminded me of huge shared moments in the past, like watching the moon landing. Thanks to Twitter, we can now instantly find a broad spectrum of opinions and explanations. Facebook friends acted like a massive support group for those of us who were dazed by it all. Friends were texting me nonstop. What a luxury to all live in the moment together.

The clever jokes and memes make all the pain a lot more palatable. People who can make me laugh when I'm frustrated are the best people.

So cheers to the creators of such a huge spectacle - and boo to some writers who dropped the ball. And hugs to everyone who watched. Valar Morghulis.

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs