Sunday, May 12, 2019

It's Not About the Day

Happy Mother's Day to those of you who have children, wish for children, or are just starting to think about children. And if you are uncomfortable today because you've lost your mom, or you have a strained relationship with your mother, or for any reason really, I'll be your mom. Today and every day.

The greatest gift Drama Girl gave me today was informing me that she'd invited another friend for this Thanksgiving. I'm already excited.

Last Thanksgiving, my kids and their friends flew in from all over the country to my house. I got to be the mom for everyone who needed it. They slept all over the house in beds and couches and air mattresses, they all cooked, arranged flowers, and got board games going. It was a lot of people in my tiny house.


It was the greatest time of my life. One of the many payoffs for raising kids is getting to embrace their friends and being embraced by them in return.

 Happy Mother's Day to you and the family you were born into or the family you have found. It's not about the day, it's about the love.


0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs