Friday, May 3, 2019

Where Are We Now? Part 1

*taps mic

"Is this thing on?"

It's been over four years since I said farewell to Lit and Laundry, and more than once I've thought about coming back to visit. It's funny to me that so many people still visit this old blog and find old posts. The magic of the eternal internet.

When I began this blog, I lamented the fact that my life was all laundry and no literature (hence the name). I have now come full circle in my life and I rarely do laundry but read about a book a day. I am in heaven.

The three children I raised have grown and each has become a spectacular adult. More on them later.

The one thing that did not survive the years was my marriage. Divorce after 23 years was traumatic, but I am finding now that it was an incredible gift to me; the chance to start over and pursue many things that marriage and rearing children left by the wayside.

I play the harp again. I've written a novel. I've moved back to Oregon and settled into a lovely little house. My time is my own and I am loving every minute of it.


Here is my kitchen alcove. Why put in another dining table when I can have big squishy purple chairs? Perfect for tea or wine and lots of reading. You can see my kindle on the table. The magnifying light is ready for all my needlework projects. My black cats are still ever-present.

I am older, and have had a cancer scare. Both of my parents have died now, and there is a big hole in my heart that calls itself  "the empty nest."

As they say, along with age comes wisdom. And a whole lot of serenity. And hope. I am happier now than I have been in a very long time. 

So, for  lark, let me dust off this blog and see if it still runs. I doubt any of my old readers are still around, but if you are, please give a shoutout so I can find you.  I miss everybody in the old blog community and I don't expect it to be like it was, but I also think that facebook is loosening it's grip on our attention. Maybe some of us are ready to return to this. 

Wishing you sunny days and tea and cats.

 - Threeundertwo

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Dawn said...

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that you are happy and I STILL love those purple chairs. They are perfect there.

Lynn said...

So good to hear from you. We miss you south of the border, but maybe some day we will move north and we can be crafty together.

Laura Chaney said...

Happy to see you back online!

Marian L said...

Glad you are back and that life is good.

Denise P said...

*wave*

Elise SansSouci said...

Hello! I have followed you for years. It’s good to hear from you and that you’re doing well! (Threadbearelise on Instagram)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I have missed you so much! Your posts were so impactful in my life. It is a great joy to read your newest updates. I am sorry to hear about the divorce (I have one of those as well) but loving that you landed so sweetly. Hugs!

Loralynn said...

So nice to "hear" from you! I, too, miss the days when we blogged. Some of us "oldies but goodies" are still around and I have enjoyed your posts on FB and Instagram. :-)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs