Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Where Are We Now? Part 3

I'm cheating a little on the updates today while I wait to hear back from the twins about whether it's okay to post about them again. So in the meantime I'll just add a note about the other important members of the family.

The cats made the move to Oregon with me. Before the two-day drive, I did some research on how best to handle it. I found a cat house designed to buckle into the back seat of a car, put a little litter box in there, and hoped for the best. To say the least, they were not amused. These are two cats who declare they are in agony during every 5-minute trip to the vet.
Agony there was. I was informed in no uncertain terms that this was all a bad idea. But after over an hour of very vocal complaints, they both fell asleep for most of the trip.
Now of course, I'm sure that torture is long forgotten and like me, they have adapted to their new home.  There are new windows to sit in, new sun puddles to bask in and best of all, when the kids come to visit the cats get all the attention they could ever want.
Have you ever traveled long-distance with a pet? How did they handle it?

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Loralynn said...

Glad to see that your kitties are doing well. By the way, you mentioned that you wrote a book. Is it anything that we can read?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs