Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finished for Friday: What have you done this week?

I confess that in elementary school I loved show-and-tell. Even at that tender age I could tell it was an exquisite waste of time and chance to brag. And frankly, it's just fun to look at other people's stuff.

I know a lot of bloggers are also crafty creative types in addition to their writing skills, so here is your chance to show us what you've been up to.

Welcome to "Finished for Friday," where we'll gather for show-and-tell. Give us a link to your scrapbook pages, stitches, culinary wonders, gardening triumphs, newborns - whatever you have managed to produce this week. I promise to come oooh and aaaah at all of them!

Since this is a new meme, please feel free to add your link this weekend, if you don't have it ready yet. You don't have to limit yourself to things finished this week, any show-and-tell will do, but it is fun to congratulate newly finished projects

This Friday I have two more Christmas ornaments I've finished. I think stuffing them and putting on the trims takes me as much time as stitching them.



Add your link to Mr. Linky below and show us what you've been up to!

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

What a fun idea! (and motivator to get off my booty and finish some things....)

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

I love the ornaments, so cute. You are so talented. I coan't sew a button.

Liz Jimenez said...

The ornaments are adorable! Probably a good thing that I became Jewish and don't have a Christmas tree... I'd go a little nuts making those things!

This is a fun thing to join, and nice extra push to finish things and show off!

Nancy said...

What a neat idea! And that mouse is so cute :)

I wish I had something to show off this week, but I'm really going to need to get off my butt and finish some things. Perhaps I'll take a picture of an older (finished) project and post tomorrow....

Rosa said...

What a fine idea! I spend a lot of time browsing blogs and I'm surprised and thrilled to read all those talented blogs with so much inspiration.

I learn a lot - like "the apron" is back in style again - HAHA.. well, it gives me the shivers *lol*

I'm not sure, however, that I'm a proper candidate for your "Finished for Friday"-idea. I'm quite busy with a lot of things, but I seem to never finish a thing! But I have a lot of fun not finishing it!
Feel free to visit my blog - and don't mind the language - just look at all the pictures of things in progress;-))

Rosa *Queen of UFO's*

Patty said...

I love your ornaments and I'm impressed by the trim. I always just sew mine together and stuff them. No trim additions at my house. So boring. I love the idea of this meme. I have an ornament I still need to stuff (and not add trim to) so if I finish it tonight, I'll post a picture and join.

LuAnn said...

I love your ornaments, and I think the idea of linking to our finished projects is fun. I actually did finish a big project that I've been working on for a couple of years. Hope you will come on over and take a look.

Rosa said...

I'm back again. I just couldn't resist your challenge!

So I finally finished something, that is quick, easy and very wearable.
I promise - it was finished on Friday night - had to wait to document it to-day, as my camera needs a lot of light (and the operator needs a lesson or two) *S*

Nice to be a candidate. Finally.

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I have only just now found your blog - great job on the ornaments!I'm trying to see what people enjoy so I can do more on my Freebies, Etc. I had three under two a long time ago - plus three older ones. Now they are in their 30's and 40's - it was fun, and I'd do it all over. We do survive, and so do they. I had my six in 11 years - Mother said it was indecent.

LuAnn said...

I did come back and add my name and blog url to Mr. Linky. I thought I did it the other day but must have forgotten to hit the enter button. Thanks for your nice words on my blog.

Roslyn said...

Adorable but way too time consuming for this quilter.

Roslyn said...

sorry I couldn't find the link?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs