Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Pyrex, sweet pyrex



Tired mom takes Jungle Boy to thrift store to get items for Halloween costume. Tired mom swiftly peruses housewares. Tired mom finds fabulous turquoise pyrex giant mixing bowl with kitschy hot air balloons all over it. Tired mom nearly weeps for joy. Tired mom pays $2 for it and takes it home. Tired mom decides it has been a great day.

For more vintage delights, visit Confessions of an Apron Queen.

*******************************************************

Friday is the inauguration of "Finished for Friday." Please join in with a link to something you've finished up this week, or just show and tell about something you've created in the past. Hope to see you there!

18 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

I love it and at a bargain price too...lucky you!!

Coloradolady said...

Well, this tired mom agrees with you...WHAT A FIND. I would have been running out of the store. Yippee!!

mub said...

I've never seen that pattern of Pyrex before! What a great find =D

Laura said...

You know what? I don't give Pyrex much thought, but I did grow up with it and it really is a perfect kitchen material.
I'm going to start keeping my eye out for stuff like that too.
You're inspiring.
(Don't think I'll be crafting anything soon....but I like to see your way cool stuff.)

The Apron Queen said...

Wonderful find! The hot air balloons are awesome! :)

Ulla said...

I was so sorry for tired mom being so tired but I think she is a happy tired mom now!

grace said...

Oooh, lucky you! I never find Pyrex in that condition! I love that pattern, too. It was definitely a good day.

Cheryl Lage said...

Holy cow...my mom had a low cylindrical flat-bottomed piece with this pattern that I had entirely forgotten until I saw your purty new piece...time to rifle through her cabinets....

Glad Tired Mama's day was redeemed. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!
I use my retro pyrex everyday!!!!!!


peace
#2

Diane said...

Great piece at a great price! It gives us tired moms a little spring in our step, eh?

Kellie said...

Tired mom SCORES! Such vintage goodness for only 2 bucks! I love it...the color is perfection!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so awesome. You are so dang lucky.

JEWELGIRL said...

I had to see if my blue pyrex was
the same pattern but it is not.
Mine has a floral design, no balloons, but it has the double
pouring sides and I love to use it
to make cakes. Ohhhh Great price!

Kira said...

hmm does choreographing, teaching and cleaning up a colorguard routine before a friday performance count? ;)

stacey said...

$2!?!?!?!?!?!?

I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH VINTAGE PYREX!!! I don't collect anything except pyrex it is the greatest thing ever made:)

I am New to your blog~ It is so cute!

Sarah said...

Pyrex is wonderful!

Dena said...

WOW!! How super cute is that - I've never seen the balloon pattern before! I have a horrible weakness for Pyrex too! I love the stuff, because it's collectable but I can actually use it too!

Anonymous said...

I never saw the hot air balloon pattern before.

great find!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs