Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Sewing Table

Here is the headquarters for my creativity when I'm not at my sewing machine. I'm showing it in it's usual messy glory. I've got a wastebasket full of threads, works in progress on the table, pattern printouts from the internet, different threads and pincushions and a coaster for my mug of tea.

This is where I plant myself when I get a spare moment. It's a jumble, but functional.



The real beauty of this table, though, is what's inside. It's an English sewing table, and if I clear the stuff off the top you can see the beautiful silk-lined interior. Very functional, although I think in the old days they probably didn't keep as much junk on top of it.



For more vintage goodness, visit Confessions of an Apron Queen today.

15 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness; I am in LOVE. Is that an heirloom; oh I absolutely adore things that you can hide stuff in!

My mothers side table was just like yours. She had her own special chair also :^). I float around too much to claim one special chair!

I can't get over this piece. I WANT this piece! lol

Grandma Faith said...

Your vintage sewing table is absolutely gorgeous. I know you must be so happy to own it.

Anonymous said...

Oh Iwant that table so so bad!!!
I don't sew a stich...but it is just so lovely. So secretive. Just perfect!

Jenny said...

What a great sewing table! I love it!

Patty said...

This is so cool! I love that it opens up. Did you find the table in an antique store or was it passed down from a family member?

Threeundertwo said...

I found this at an antique shop.

- 2/3

Coloradolady said...

What a wonderful sewing table. My mom had a sewing chair that worked the same way, I used to love that. Great item to show.

Kellie said...

I am in love with this and am extremely envious of you for owning it! If it comes up missing, you'll know where it went! ;)

Laura said...

Love it.
Love that you sew too.

Anonymous said...

I love the pink inside...how kool is that!

Unknown said...

Neat!

Cheryl Lage said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous. (As is the quilt on your header!)

Furnishings with secret compartments thrill me so...oh the illicit little goodies that could be hidden away.

Diane said...

*DROOL* What a great table! I love it! Thanks for posting about this... we can't have too many things on our wish lists, right??

Anonymous said...

WOW...it's GORGEOUS!! I want it!! It's a real treasure :)

Browndirtcottage said...

OH MY.....i had one of those in my antique store several yrs. ago and sold it for 75.00...yours is in pretty good shape inside...lucky you!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs