Monday, January 26, 2009

Do As I Say

"Be careful with the cat food! Don't spill the cat food! Careful! Watch it with the cat food!"

So of course, after they've heard me say this over and over, who spilled the cat food? Me. At least the kids were kind enough to sweep it up for me.


"Quit banging the plates! Put them away carefully please! Gentle! Watch the plates!"


Yup. Me again. It slipped out of my soapy hands. Maybe I need someone to warn me about these things all the time.

14 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Patty said...

You have nice kids. :) The Barack Obama chart is being offered as a gift with any purchase from Subversive Cross Stitch this month. http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/obama.html If you want, I can send you my copy once I finish my project.

Patty said...

Cross Stitcher magazine also has an Obama chart that's also available for free on their site. http://www.crossstitchermagazine.co.uk/resources/crossstitch/obamachart.jpg

Mom said...

Don't you love Murphy's law?

Laura said...

In the classroom?
If I say, "Don't go near the boombox..."...It's like they RUN to it.
If I say, "Don't write on the boards,"...They grab a marker.
If I say, "Don't crowd near the door,"....They mob around it.

Kids are swell.

What A Card said...

Hee! Isn't always the way? And you know your kids are storing these up for a "remember that time when..."

Alisa said...

Classic! My week is following much the same path. Thankfully, my kids are quite used to cleaning up after their mom. Turnabout is fair play.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Cute post!
Have a great day
Roberta Anne

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

When my father-in-law backed my mother-in-law's Lexus into our Jeep. We were soooooooo happy it was him and not us. And when my father-in-law closed the Excursion's lift gate and broke out the glass, we were all breathing a sigh of relief it wasn't us. Sadly, my day is coming...

Cheryl Lage said...

Broken glasses? Check.
Overturned plants? Check.
Falling down stairs going to fast? Check.

I'm a bad case of physician "Heal thyself" as well!

Unknown said...

Hi, Lidian!
I am hoping you can help me w/ a bloggy problem. I have created a button and want to be able to include the scrollbar w/ the code for people to grab. I followed the directions on Blogging Basics, but it isn't working. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Watch your head, watch it...waaaattttccchhhh...oops...are you okay?

Claremont First Ward said...

I HATE it when those things happen that you are constantly harping on your kids to not do. :)

Debbie said...

Well, sure. But I bet somehow they made you do these things:)

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

How dare you call the children to see your mistake. Don't you know that's parenting 101!
Next time just call out " Here kitty-kitty, believe me it works!" =)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs