Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Temperature Blanket Complete

Last night as I waited for midnight I put the final stitches into my 2019 temperature blanket. When I woke up under it this morning, I already started to miss working on it every day. It had become a form of daily meditation as I spent about a half hour every morning recording the previous day.

The colors symbolize the high temperature each day in 2019 in my town. I used 14 colors, each one representing a four degree range of temperature. The yarns ranged from dark pink (the coldest) to the lightest pink, and then light purple to dark purple (the hottest).

The pattern can be found around the internet with various racist titles. I will point you to the Ravelry page with the free pattern that calls it "Retro Remake" here.

I have made temperature blankets two years in a row now, so I'm taking a break this year. I hope to put all those hours into other projects!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year! I would love it if you leave a comment.

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs