Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm an Electronics Genius

"Mo-om! The wiimotes don't work!"

"The what?"

"The remotes for the wii. They stopped working!"

"Put in fresh batteries."

"We did. They still don't work! What should we do? Can you fix them?"

"I don't know. Ask your dad when he gets home. He set the whole thing up. Maybe you have to re-sync them or something. Are you sure you put in fresh batteries?"

"Yes mom, it's not like we don't know how to put in batteries! Sheesh!"

***************
Later that evening.

[husband] "Honey, I've tried everything! I've reset the system, re-synced the remotes, unplugged the tv, the wii, restarted it, reinstalled it, and called customer support where I waited on hold for them to tell me they were not available because of the 4th of July holiday. We'll just have to wait and call customer service another time. I've tried everything."

***************
One week later, I finally got around to looking into the whole remote dilemma.

[husband] "Honey, I'm home. Oh wow! You got the wii working! What did you have to do?"

[me] "You'll never believe. I was on the phone with customer service for an hour and a half. I had to take apart the wii to check something inside, then I had to go to Best Buy and get a new sensor strip to put on top of the tv. Then I had to call customer service again and do some more troubleshooting before I figured out that we needed to switch out one of these cables. I had to go to 2 different Radio Shacks to find the right kind of cable, then I had to splice it in because it didn't have the right kind of connection. . ."

[at this point, my husband had his mouth open and stopped rooting around in the refrigerator to listen to my story. He closed the refrigerator door.] "Whaa?"

[Wasabi girl, who can't stand it any longer and is giggling uncontrollably] "DADDY! Mommy's lying! All she did was put in fresh batteries!"


Yep, that's me. Electronics genius. Apparently the only one in the house who knows how to put batteries in a remote control.

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

ROFL! I can totally see that happening in my house!

Anonymous said...

Oh gawd doesn't that make you crazy insane? Sheesh!

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

ROFL! Leave it to us women to figure the whole Wii situation out! WTG!

Cheryl Lage said...

PERFECT! I love when everyone has tried to put new batteries in...but without a second glance as to whether or not positives and negatives are correctly aligned.

What a great fake-out. I'm in awe. :)

(And kudos to your kids "Wiimotes" is perfect language modification!)

Jaime said...

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I knew as soon as the kids had said "Not like we don't know how to put batteries in the remote" I knew it would be the batteries!!

WTG, Mom!

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Very funny! Sometimes, they just need Mom's touch. :)

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

You had me going, right up until the two different stores for a dang cable...no mom is willing to do that!

Nancy said...

HAHAHAHAHA That's hilarious. :)

Anonymous said...

BAHAHA Love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL that soo seems like life at my house. Mom always has to come to the rescue.

Kellan said...

That is a funny story!! This sort of stuff happens to me all the time - what are we going to do!?

Hope you are having a good weekend - see you soon - Kellan

debi9kids said...

LMAO! Thanks for the giggles! I needed it!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs