Sunday, August 3, 2008

Guest Post: Ashleigh

Hello. I am Ashleigh and I am in charge. Not just because my slaves are away. I'm in charge all the time. I'm a 17 year old British Shorthair, with something called "papers." I believe they give me all the authority I need. I've seen a lot of things around this house, and I have a few things to say.

1. Nobody listens to me. I can't help it if I don't really have much of a voice. Here I am telling the world that it's time to feed me, and nobody is listening. Because no sound is coming out.


2. I have a sister named Nina. She's shy. So nobody ever sees her except woman-slave. People think I'm the only cat in the house. Not true, here she is. Man-slave didn't want two cats, but woman-slave talked him into it. We adore her for that.

3) I'm not lazy, just a little motivationally challenged. But that is no reason to use me as a pillow. The kids do this all the time. I'm too tired to care.


4) I've met Santa. Because I know where to wait for him. He's cool.

5) I don't think cats need hats, despite what any books say. I don't think red is my best color either.

6) It's nap time now. Do not disturb.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Perfect Santa hiding spot.

Jaime said...

Well, hello there, Ashleigh.

Does 2/3 know you're using the computer while they're at Disney?

If they call and leave updates for you on the answering machine, can you post them? I'm going through Disneyland withdrawals.

Oh, wait, am I commenting to a CAT??

Nice kitty! We're having tuna for lunch...wanna join us?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashleigh,
Who the hell gave you that poncey name? Over here cats are called Tigger or Ginger or Stupid Cat. Our Mum called us proper doggy names - I'm Freya and have a sister called Keesha.
We like to let our humans think we do as they say, but when they aren't here we lie on the couch, eat the doormats and lick the kitchen floor all over. Sometimes they leave the George Foreman Grill pan too close to the edge of the worktop and we can just reach it with our tongues. Mum doesn't know we do any of this.
Make the most of it, you are two cool cats!

Cheryl Lage said...

How I love you and your ilk, Ashleigh. Regretfully, my husband and he-child seem to have a pro-canine push going at present.

Someday....

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

How funny!!

Shawn said...

Very cute!! I love that cat hat.

Beth said...

Mable the Wonder Kitty enjoyed this post a lot...

Unknown said...

I think Ashleigh needs to come visit and show my puppies who's boss. Rowdy could definitely do with a talking to...

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs