Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for many blessings.

  • A daughter who still cracks a smile at my jokes, even though she's trying really hard to hate me right now.
  • Another daughter who is bursting with joy because today she can finally wear "dangly earrings" in her recently-pierced ears.
  • A son who thinks it's incredible that he's going to have four straight days without a ballet class and is asking if we can install a barre for him in the garage.
  • A husband who gets up early to make perfect coffee for me.
There have been some tears lately, and some health challenges, and some growing up moments. There have been complaints, eyes rolling, and accusations of injustices. We're a normal family, weathering the storm of preteen years.

So today, like other families in the United States, I am taking a moment to reflect. Life's greatest joy is seeing your children happy. I feel very very fortunate.

I wish everyone a beautiful, happy Thanksgiving.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Lidian said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, too!

Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving to you, I enjoy coming here every day!

Coloradolady said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Preteens....oh the joys! I have a little secret, those fun years can even stretch into pre-20's. It's OK....take a breath!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs