Thursday, December 11, 2008

Finished for Friday: Andy

Today's finish is another needlepoint. I finished stitching this a few months ago but I finally pulled out the velvet this week to make it into a pillow. Please oooh and aaaaah at the velvet cording I made all by myself. I am really not an expert at this.



Of course, everything in this house belongs to the cats. Here Andy has joined Ann on the favorite chair of our cat Nina. Hello cat hair.



Add in your link and tell us what you've finished up this week. I promise to ooh and aah for you!



What has the elf been up to?

Duncan rode in on his sleigh this morning with a bag full of treats.


Wasabi Girl was excited to see that he brought an elf-ornament full of Hershey kisses for each kid. What a goofy face in this picture!

14 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

OOH! I love Andy and Ann, they are festive and retro at the same time!
I also would OOH and AAH over an elf candy gift!

Browndirtcottage said...

i'm so glad you finished your ann and andy...aren't you too...'cause they're sooo cute!...ooooooo....candy...'good' elf!!

LauraC said...

My very first Finished for Friday! Those Ann and Andy pillows are quite amazing.

Anonymous said...

You are like this sewing genius, good grief they are adorable.

Laura said...

I am in love with those pillows.

SmilingSally said...

When I see your pillows, I AM impressed! Because you mentioned it, the cording is especially looking well done.

Eileen said...

I am so glad you finished Andy! Ann looks so happy now.. in spite of the big furry kitty. ;-)

Velvet is a nightmare to work with.. I can't believe you did cording out of it!

Anonymous said...

Looks pro to me! I love your work. I've been so packed this week, I didn't finish anything. Yikes!
I think our elves are in cahoots. Every single creative thing your elf does, mine seems to follow just a few days later. It's really odd. His friend Clark just joined us. I never would have known that elves were such good friends with reindeer if it weren't for your blog.
Did I mention how much I adore your velvet cording? Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

I wish I had something to add as my Friday finish but I didn't get it done in time... ugh!

I'll be back, though!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a store on www.etsy.com? If not, you totally should. I bet you'd make some nice cash with your work.

I LOVE etsy and buy from people on there all the time. I'm a bit of an addict to be honest with you. But if I could make something like you do, I'd totally open up a store on there.

Anonymous said...

did you see laura's buckeyes? oh my god, i need them now. and here i am posting about pants and asking for cookies. to the store i go to get required ingredients. andy, the elf and wasabi girl should all get some too!

Patty said...

I am totally ohhing and ahhing over the cording. It looks like you did a great job on it!

zakkalife said...

The Raggedy Andy and Ann pillows are beautiful. So classic.

Well, I wrapped a gift this week, does that count? Oh, and I also finished the kokeshi doll ornaments, completely forgot about that.

Anonymous said...

Your pillows are GORGEOUS...lol, my finished for Friday is that I actually got the baby to take a nap so that I could shower before DH got home from work - lol (not blogging about that, for obvious reasons).

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs