Monday, March 2, 2009

Meet My Personal Assistants

My husband and I have talked with the kids about how mommy will need some extra help while she is recuperating from her surgery this week. They mused on their favorite screen servants and vowed to do as well.

Drama Girl says she will be Lurch. She is practicing saying "You Rang?" in her deepest, slowest voice.


Wasabi Girl has chosen to be like Manuel in Fawlty Towers. She's practicing saying "Que?" and misunderstanding all instructions.

Jungle Boy says he'll be just like Kato from the Pink Panther movies. Always ready to spring out and attack.


This is Nurse Nina. Although she is the most devoted of my assistants, she always takes long breaks and is quite vocal in her insistance that the best form of therapy is "cat-petting," which she says lowers blood pressure. I think she may be right.


I'll be lucky if I get a cup of tea from any of them.

This little beauty I have dubbed "Mr. Bendz." See how happy this woman seems? It looks like she just wants to hang out all day with her leg in that thing. I gave mine a test drive yesterday. It's not exactly silent, and it bends the hip way up, but I guess I'll get used to it. He and I will be spending a lot of time together. He's my least favorite assistant.

Thank you for all the good wishes! They mean a lot to me. Tuesday is my surgery, and I'll post when I can.

13 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Coloradolady said...

Best wishes on your surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

You just watch..all your personal assistants will step up to the plate!

Lindsay-ann said...

Good luck. I will be thinking of you tomorrrow.
Lindsay

Cheryl Lage said...

I think you need an assistant who replies "Whatever you say, Boss" a la Herve Villechaise in Fantasy Island! ;)

Is there an iPod deck in that hip bendy thing? Maybe a li'l light music might help... ;)

Will completely be thinking of and praying for your surgery and speedy recovery!

Cathi said...

Nurse Nina looks like she's thinking about how to help!
I hope the surgery goes perfectly and that your recuperation is uneventful.

DebD said...

I'm glad you're well enough to keep us informed. Praying for a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

Sending hugs, thoughts, and prayers for quick recovery. Hope your assistants work out well!;-)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Thinking about you today. Praying the surgeon's hands are steady and perfectly skilled and that your recovery time will be swift with minimal pain and discomfort.

You've trained your assistants well. I do believe they will shine in make you so proud you can't help but tear up sort of way!

Maybe your assistants can take turns updating your blog. Wouldn't that be interesting??

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today! :)

Alisa said...

Thinking of you today! Hoping for a quick and mostly pain free recovery.

Anonymous said...

I would want Alice from the Brady Bunch...she's cheerful! Thanking of you!

debi9kids said...

LOL Where is your chef??? I didn't see anyone there that is going to cook you gourmet meals.....

Will be thinking of you and praying tomorrow for safe surgery.

What A Card said...

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and hope you're doing okay!

Laura said...

I'm sorry I missed this post
I hope you are healing!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs