Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finished for Friday: Coffee To Go

Looks like business is good down at the old Bubble and Brew, the next block finished in my Hocuspocusville quilt. Prices are certainly competitive!


And another block completed in Gail Pan's Christmas block of the month!

In addition this week, I've sewn straps on ballet shoes and costumes to get everything ready for the big recitals this weekend. I also read this book:



The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. A great light read. I'd be interested in hearing if any of you have read and enjoyed the sequels.

Lit and Laundry


That's it for this week, what have you been up to? Feel free to grab the button from my sidebar and play along. Let's see if Mr. Linky behaves today. Clicking on the button below should bring up the list of participants.

11 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cathi said...

Your stitchery blocks are wonderful! I love the Bubble & Brew one!!
I keep looking at that book in the bookstore but haven't bought it yet.

Laura said...

I love this witchy series.

Coloradolady said...

I love your blocks...I don't know how you have time to turn out such wonderful works....they would take me forever to complete just one!

Lisa said...

The blocks are great! I love embroidered quilt blocks.

I have read some of the No. 1 books, I can't remember which, but I didn't find the series quite to my taste. I can't put my finger on why I don't like them- too slow maybe? But if you like the first, I think you would like the rest.

Eileen said...

Love the coffee shop.. and the prices are right!

I actually have something to share this week. Woohoo!

Beth said...

I read the first one, too, and enjoyed it. Don't know why I never picked up the rest! Beautiful quilt blocks, btw. It must feel so good to get each one finished!

Carrie from FoxTwins said...

That Halloween quilt is still my favorite thing I have seen of all your projects. I want one for me!!

Cheryl Lage said...

How is it that you do everything you do...and find time to read too!?!?

Darling blocks. :) In all honesty, I didn't finish the McCall book you did....so I never felt I had the right to go to the next one!

Have a GREAT weekend, ThreeUnder. Looking forward to details on recitals!

HeatherV said...

No post for me today. It's been a very long, trying week. I am happy to see your productivity though!

Have fun at the recitals!

Bea said...

Great finishes this week. I can not wait to see that Halloween quilt when it is completed.

I'm finally getting my post added. Long, tiring day. I tried to see Eileen and Beth's post for this week. But Eileen's link took me back to your post and Beth's took me to an old FFF post of hers. Problems with Mr. Linky or just wrong urls used?

Patty said...

Is Mr. Linky still having issues? I love, love, love your blocks! I finished a book this week -- a mystery with recipes...Carrot Cake Murders or something like that, It's a series and all the titles have a dessert in them. I'm heading back to bed to my foot up. I'm hoping to have some finishes to share for next week.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs