Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How Harpists Recycle

When a string breaks,


It makes a great cat toy, even for my 18 year old granny who never moves. Thanks in part to the dentist cotton that I use to make the knots at the end.

Poor old cat, you can almost count the teeth she has left. This is the most playful she's been in a while. And for those of you worried that she's being a cannibal by indulging in catgut, fear not. Harp strings are made from sheep intestines. Now you know.

10 people stopped folding laundry to write:

debi9kids said...

What a beautiful harp! Do you play?

Dena said...

Adorable! The old girl's still got the moves!! ;)

Laura said...

Hmm... I didn't know the strings were made from ANY kind of animal gut. I guess I thought they were made from, I don't know, string? Clearly not something I'd put much thought into. And now I know! I hope our cats are still even that little bit active when they're her age!

Lindsay-ann said...

Glad your cat got pleasure out of this! She's gorgeous.
Lindsay
x

Threeundertwo said...

@BoufMom9, yes, I do play and that's my harp. The gold one in my avatar is the harp of my dreams.

Marrdy said...

Love the picture and the kitty!! I have a grand daughter that plays the harp, such a wonderful instrument.

McClure Family said...

sweet old kitty! Glad you found something to give her exercise!!

my WW:

http://www.mcclurefamilyspace.blogspot.com/
http://www.2by2boutique.blogspot.com/

Cheryl B. said...

" When I write or share something about one of my friends in a posting, I always make sure I send them a copy of it, so they know what was said about them. Today I included information about you and your blog site in my posting, so I thought I should let you know about it as well."

The above paragraph is the first paragraph in an email I sent out today, to all of the owners of blogs whom host "theme days", that I could find email addresses for. But I was unable to find an email address on your blog so that I could include you in the email. The rest of the email is what I posted today on our blog. Go to: www.xanga.com/thehousethatlovebuilt to read it for yourself.

Hopefully, it will then clarify of all of this for you ;-}

Cheryl B.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
I just posted the last Disney post....
Hope you will enjoy it.
Stop by when you have some time.
I love all my new blog friends

smilinggreenmom said...

That is so cute! I love your blog and have you bookmarked :) We love being green at our house...in fact, I just helped the planet out yesterday by garage sale shopping! Reuse, reuse, reuse LOL. Seriously, I love bing natural...barefoot, no makeup, and using my awesome Topricin natural foot cream for the days that my feet are so achy from chasing around the kiddos! Hey- we can all do our part in saving the planet can't we! smilinggreenmom *tweet me!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs