Thursday, June 18, 2009

Finished for Friday: Folding!

I'll admit this post is going to be like watching paint dry for some people, but I'm proud of this week's finish. I've spent hours sorting through and measuring my fabric stash and actually writing down my yardages.

For each cut, I used a pair of cardboard comic book liners (find them on ebay or comic stores) and folded the fabric around them, after writing down the amount. Now instead of messy piles I have these nice neat mini-bolts I can grab.

I need to sort them out by color, and I spared you pictures of all of them - there's a lot more. I clearly have a split personality when it comes to quilting. That's the fun though. A lot of these are leftover from quilts I made for kids or babies or friends. Some will be quilts for me, and some are going to go into charity quilts. I love them all.

Fabric to a quilter is like paints to an artist I think - the more to choose from, the better.


I'll also add that this week I adopted two kittens and learned how to use my new Kindle - more on the latter in an upcoming post.

Next week's Finished for Friday is a biggie for me. Hope you can play along. If you're in for this week, feel free to grab my button from my sidebar, and add your link to Mr. Linky below. I love seeing what everyone's been up to!


Lit and Laundry


Hopefully I'll have the new Linky system working next week too. In the meantime, please click on the box below to add your link for today. Thanks!

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

HeatherV said...

Why does your pics of neat, organized fabric make me want to salivate? Well done!

Busy first week here at Casa Vinson but I have determined a new way to approach summer vacation, less is more. Post today-

Browndirtcottage said...

Now don't you just feel all warm and fuzzy inside with this accomplishment!!!

Liz Jimenez said...

I think that's a great finish, clearly!! Isn't it so satisfying?

Bea said...

Great finish. I'm not a quilter (yet?) but I do love fabric. Mine is all stashed in HUDGE plastic tubs, sorted by color.

Anxious to see what big project you are finishing for next week.

Kellie said...

Brilliant! My fabric stash is a heap overflowing from a basket. I've decided to start playing along with FFF again :)

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for the reminder!
I started putting my fabric on free bolt cardboard from the fabric store a few montns ago, and totally moved on and forgot about it.
(shows you how much i sew compared to how much i craft). =))

Blessings and glad i found you.

barbara jean

Barbara Jean said...

Where are the rules about participating?
And, can i post about this on another meme on Fridays of like content.

thanks
Barbara jean

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

WoW!! I think I could go fabric shopping at your home. You have a better selection that some craft stores!

My Finished for Friday is that my home has been 'have guests over' clean all week.

The Mother said...

I gave up folding my fabric stash years ago. Now I find a tiny nook in my overstuffed closet and, well, stuff.

Patty said...

It looks like a fabric store! And I see quite a few I'd love to buy. Congrats on getting it all sorted and folded and organized!

Anonymous said...

Well done for getting organised. The fabrics look so good all neat and tidy where you can see each of them at a glance.

Thanks for popping in.

Eileen said...

I really like that idea of the cardboard. This is something I NEEEEEED to do.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs