Monday, June 22, 2009

Wearing my Tiara


I looked out the window this morning and there it was again. The June Cleaver Nirvana motorcade, with Holly's personal limo in front and dozens of press cars following. My husband looked up from his paper and shook his head. "Again? That lady's coming over to give you some award again?"

"Hush dear, it's a big honor."

"D'you suppose she's going to give you another college scholarship for one of the kids?"

"Probably not, she's already given us three. We only have three kids."

"Hold out for a Caribbean vacation then."

I answered the door to the blinding flash of cameras and thunderous applause. Holly stepped forward, trophy and bouquet in hand, the flowers so voluminous that she almost toppled over.

"Threeundertwo, you are my PEEP OF THE WEEK!" She gushed.

"Aw, Holly, so sweet of you! and the children's choir on the front lawn is a nice touch!"

We spent the next hour posing for pictures, none of which I've had time to upload here yet, and she presented a check for lifetime kibble for the kittens.

My mouth is sore from smiling and I've had to close all the curtains to keep the paparazzi away.

What a wonderful way to start my week. Thank you Holly! And dear readers, please go join her over at June Cleaver Nirvana where today she is featuring fashion tips, my current favorite video, and a picture of her son that's so stinkin' cute - well, he's almost as cute as my kids. And that's saying a lot.

Being Peep of the Week at June Cleaver Nirvana makes my Monday! For more happiness today, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

monica said...

Congrats! What a great award!

Trainer Shauna said...

Fun stuff! Congrats! I'll have to check out that link! :)

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Wait - so you were joking about the scholarship for your kids, the limo, the papparrazzi, and the lifetime kibbles and bits for your kittens??

Um...Congratulations!!! That's awesome!!!! You're my Peep Every Week!!!

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh this is AWESOME! Am so going to check out your bestower...and knowing you're so deserving warms my heart. :)

Your post and your participation Make My Monday....thank you!

Texasholly said...

My mouth hurts from smiling too. It was an exhausting morning of celebration, but you totally deserve it. The check is in the mail and I am throwing in a bridge too...

Congrats and THANKS SO MUCH!!! I really appreciate you.

Claremont First Ward said...

Congrats! what a way to start the week.

Eileen said...

This is awesome! But if anyone.. you deserve the award. :-D

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs