Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Additions to the Family!

We welcomed some new additions to our family today. These are 8 week old rescue kittens. Meet Dumbledore, who is black with a lot of long white hairs on his arms.


And this is Hestia, who didn't stop tearing around and exploring for three straight hours. I had a lot of trouble getting a picture of her. She is black with white tuxedo markings. They're siblings. We let the kids name them and I think they picked good ones.



Finally, they both collapsed from exhaustion.

They're still isolated in the living room while our older cat Nina gets used to the idea. Everyone else in the family is pretty excited to have them here.

This post is part of Wordful Wednesday, hosted by Seven Clown Circus. Be sure to visit Angie today and see the massive home improvement project she is taking on!

21 people stopped folding laundry to write:

debi9kids said...

Awwwww...what pretty kitties!

Just adorable and LOVE their names.

Happy WW!

Claremont First Ward said...

They look SO fluffy!

Coloradolady said...

Such pretty kitties. I so wish I was not allergic to cats.

Stesha said...

Kittens are so cute! Great names!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

So lovely! And lots of fun to come ... but with your laundry emphasis I feel I should tell you that when my cats were kittens there was an incident where one of them did some sort of martail arts move from the rain-soaked lawn on to sheets drying on the line... But I'm sure yours won't do that! Enjoy them!
Janice.

Laura said...

So cute! Enjoy having new kitties!

Lisa said...

Kittens! Kittens! They are so cute! Don't you wish they stayed little?

(I am partial to the tuxedo as I have of those dapper fellows myself.)

Liz Jimenez said...

So, so cute! Great names. If only M and I weren't *both* allergic to cats, we'd totally get one... ah well. In another life, maybe. :-)

Trainer Shauna said...

Congrats on the new additions! They are adorable!! They must be so much fun just to watch!

Leslie said...

Love me some kitties! They are precious. Hope the older one gets used to them soon! :)

The Mother said...

How cute!

I love cats. But I can't have one because this D**M dog that the kids insisted on having but never play with or care for HATES cats.

The things I put up with...

Des said...

a little dumbledore. There just isn't anything quite like kittens.

May you have many years of love and furballs.

Nina said...

They are so cute! I love kittens and even once they grow into cats I still love them. Now if someone could just convince my husband...

Cathi said...

They are SO adorable!! You are going to have so much fun with those two little fluffy kitties full of love and energy!

Lindsay-ann said...

They are really cute. I love their names. Wish I could give them a cuddle.
Lindsay
x

Dena said...

Babies! Squeee!
They are super adorable! I sure do miss having have indoor cats (we have 4 outdoor cats right now).

Cascia Talbert said...

They are adorable! And they have very unique names.

Lindsay said...

What little cuties they are

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

How cute!!!


Mariposa's WW

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh they are the SWEEETEST! She-twin wants a cat. I've wanted one for 44 years. Alas, husband picks few battles, this is one he picks. :(

Pet them for me! (and I am SO showing Sarah tomorrow morning...)

Muthering Heights said...

They are so cute!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs