Monday, August 3, 2009

Yes, we argue

The kitten's on the table! I can't believe she jumped up there again!

She was investigating your water glass, you shouldn't have left it there.

But I just put it there two seconds ago.

And she noticed it one second ago.

So it's my fault?

I'm just saying. . .

********

Where are the tals?

The what?

The clean tals for the bathroom?

Oh, towels! You said tals. I didn't understand you.

Whatever. We've been married for 17 years, you should understand me by now.

Sorry, I never understand that tals thing. That word is just too weird.

My fault I suppose.

I'm just saying. . .

********

Why isn't there salad dressing on the table?

Um, because there's no salad?

But I want it on my rice.

Nobody puts salad dressing on rice.

I do.

Honey, you're scaring the kids. And me. Here's the salad dressing.

********
I got some ice cream. Want some?

I would, but is that vanilla? Why do you always get vanilla? That's not even a flavor.

I like vanilla.

I'll pass.

I got super brownie chocolate chunk for you.

I love you. I'll get the spoons.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

One of the most romantic posts I've ever read. :)

Love the "real" day-to-day relationship and comfort shared here. :)

Bea said...

LOL! So like home. Hubs and I have been married almost ten years now and have never had a fight. No, really. But, since we are together now 24/7, he does get on my nerves. And I'm sure I get on his too. I have to say salad dressing on rice kinda scares me too...

Browndirtcottage said...

...LOL....you crazy 'REALISTIC' peoples

Lisa said...

LOL!

(Salad dressing on RICE?)

Lindsay-ann said...

That's so funny. Sounds just like us!
Thanks for sharing.
Lindsay
x

Elizabeth said...

My girls put ketchup on rice...scary too.
TALS??? I used to have students in my art classes ask for "crowns"...it took a while for me to realize they meant CRAYONS :)How sweet @ the ice cream....all my men are vanilla lovers...I just make sure to keep hot fudge in the house!

Jocasta said...

well love is super chocolate brownie chunk!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Hahaha!! That was awesome!

I can completely relate to the 'tals' thing. My husband is from Oklahoma. I'm from Toronto. There are words I have a hard time with after over 13 years of knowing him.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs