Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finished for Friday: Notebook cover

I was inspired by this tutorial over at Moda Bakeshop to make a cover for one of my pattern notebooks.


I made a few mistakes as I adapted the pattern, but it turned out as I'd hoped.


Now I'm thinking of covering a bunch of binders we have around the house! What a great way to use favorite fabrics.

Wasabi Girl and I had a free afternoon this week so we had a beading session. Here's my necklace.


I guess I can also count resuscitating my comatose laptop as a finish for this week - it certainly took a long time. When I finally got it wiped and returned it to factory settings, it woke up and worked like it's supposed to. The first screen said "thanks for buying me!" Sheesh. Silly computer! Now I just need to load my software back on. It's nice to have it running smoothly again.

What have you been up to this week? I always look forward to seeing everything. Thanks so much for joining in!

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Patty said...

The notebook cover is terrific. I LOVE the fabric you used. Can you please cover all my binders too? I'm glad the computer is out of its coma. My pictures of Tubby's pillow are not that great but I'm going to see if I can post one for tomorrow.

HeatherV said...

I would like to order 100 covers for my students. Cute work.

I want to learn how to bead, but I fear it would turn into an expensive hobby that I don't have time to complete any pieces.

Busy week here and am know fighting a cold so I hope to spend my weekend getting better.

Unknown said...

That binder came out great, so neat and meticulous! Love your necklace too.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs