Sunday, September 13, 2009

Makes My Monday: Baby Steps

I have had a crazy long year of dealing with the medical profession regarding my stupid hip. On Friday, I went in once again for a procedure. It was a last ditch effort to see if they could get me from a hobble to at least a modest wobble.

I admit I did a lot of praying. This procedure works sometimes. For some people. The lovely doctor who worked on me was quite pregnant so we discussed babies and happy things. Then my job was to sit back quietly and wait for a few days to see if it worked.

On Sunday, I took a few steps without a cane. And a few more. And it barely hurt. I don't want to jinx it.

Holding my breath, putting one foot in front of the other, and seeing that there just may be a light at the end of the tunnel makes my Monday.

Visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation for more Monday makers.

10 people stopped folding laundry to write:

What A Card said...

Fingers crossed for you!

mommytoalot said...

Stopping by from Cheryl's. Hope you continue to heal.

Laura said...

Woohoo! I hope you continue to heal well!

LauraC said...

This is the best Makes My Monday I've heard from you!! Will be thinking good thoughts for you!

Vegas Gal said...

Congrats! I hope it helps.

Things are getting better here. I have recovered from my illnesses and injuries enough to start looking for a job. I'm not keen on going back to work, but I have no choice. The job market is tough right now. Life is tough right now. ;(

Good luck for a speedie recovery.

Your sis.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Cheering for you!!

debi9kids said...

WOOHOO!

Saying some prayers for you right now that this finally does the trick :)

Happy Monday!

monica said...

Yay. I hope you a speedy recovery and that it stays healed!

Cheryl Lage said...

YES!!!!! Throwing some extra prayers on the pile and hoping along with all that this is the bright, bright light. :)

Thanks so much for playing along...you being on the mend for good Makes My Monday!

Laura said...

This is good news.
I am happy for you.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs