Monday, September 21, 2009

If I only had a brain

We had a wonderful weekend trip to see "Wicked" in San Francisco. Everyone loved it, although I didn't know before going how much it changed the story from the book. I might have to read that one again to check my memory.


I finished embroidering the final block for my Hocuspocusville quilt. Now I'm busy making a whole bunch of these to go into the quilt. Epic.


I wanted to make this one interesting, so I turned the middle patch, but then I carefully lined up the the direction of the prints on the outside patches. See how carefully I lined them up? Argh! I didn't see the mistake until I'd sewn it together. I guess this block is even more "interesting" now. Since there are so many references to The Wizard of Oz in the quilt, and since we just saw Wicked, I'm going to call this my "If I only had a brain" block.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

I need to see Wicked.
I'm sure it was fabulous.

Laura said...

I'm so jealous that you got to see Wicked! Have you read his other books? Wicked was by far my favorite.

The Mother said...

Nah, you remember right. No need to reread the book, which I found terribly disappointing. Too many loose ends and unexplained tangents.

The show was much better.

Burbank Babe said...

Uhm, I don't get the mistake. It looks lovely from here.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs