Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quilt-a-thon 9:00 Wednesday

I am determined to get this Hocuspocusville quilt finished! So join me today as I pour on the steam (or my iron does) to put it all together. A lot of hours are left. Here is my first check in for today.

In addition to the 12 embroidery blocks that are done (but not trimmed yet), I have 11 of the 16 pieced blocks done. And regarding the stupid mistake in one - I'm not taking it out because it's cut on the bias so the fabric would just shred. It will just have to remain my "If I only had a brain" block.

No coffee in the house today of all days. Off to make tea. Check back here in an hour for my next report.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Lynn said...

So Sarah! Offering a little steam from down the hill. Cheer me on while I make baby blankets this morning.

Lisa said...

Tea is the best anyway! Woohoo! You will have this thing done before Halloween!

I don't see a problem with any of the blocks?

Burbank Babe said...

My mom called those "mistakes" the Devil's Eye. She was a hand-quilter only and it took about a year or two for each quilt to be done.

Anyway, this Devil's Eye business was some folklore she learned from the Amish. She was raised in Southern Michigan near the border towns where the Amish live.

It is my understanding that you HAD to have at least one imperfection in each quilt, least God think you were getting too haughty and would be punished.

Anyway, I hope that helps you with your little error, which I can't find still, by the way.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs