Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Mission Accomplished

It took months to get this amaryllis to bloom, just like it took many weeks to pull off another perfect Christmas. And just like Christmas, the flower will linger for a while and continue making me smile.

We had such a wonderful holiday, and I am so grateful for all we have. I'm a bit exhausted right now, but every little bit of work was worth it.

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year. Don't forget to join me on Friday for "Finished for Friday." Cross off that last day of the old calendar and take a picture of it! Let's move on to a wonderful 2010.

Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful amaryllis! I had a great red one this year and just planted two more... They are so elegant. Happy WW!

Erin said...

That is beautiful! Wish I could get mine to bloom!

sheila said...

I tried growing one of these years ago. It bloomed, but not like this! Wow, great pic!

Unknown said...

I never get an amaryllis for myself, just for my mom and aunt. I really should.
You commented on my review of the Historian that you didn't know she had written a 2nd novel. It is being released next week, I had an advance copy, so my review will be up in a few days.

Brenda said...

Wow, thats beautiful!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs