Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finished for Friday: Flannel quilt


Perfect for the dreary cold weather we're having, this flannel quilt is warm and heavy.

I also finished two books this week; the first, A Confederacy of Dunces is a Pulitzer Prize winner. I listened to the audiobook and laughed out loud many times at the awful, but funny, main character. I recommend this to people with an open mind and a good sense of humor. As one friend of mine said "it's a book you either love or hate." The audiobook was particularly funny in the way the narrator handled all the New Orleans dialects.

The next book was Waking Up Blind - Lawsuits Over Eye Surgery which is a true story that reads like a good novel. I couldn't put it down. It's a frightening, frustrating account of a rockstar eye surgeon who puts profit far above ethics with disastrous results, and the institution that protected him. It's a timely topic.

Got your Kindle yet? What are you waiting for? Amazon is offering free two day shipping for Valentine's Day. I adore my Kindle.



What have you finished up this week? I love to see all the projects and finishes out there. If you want to play along, just
  • leave your link in the McKlinky below
  • leave a comment
  • visit the other participants and leave some comment love
  • (optional) grab my new Finished for Friday badge from my sidebar for your blog.
Thanks for playing!

14 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Barbara Jean said...

LOVE your flannel quilt. Looks cuddly warm.

blessings

thanks for hosting

barbara jean

Patty said...

Years ago, I saved instructions on making a rag quilt with flannel. That one looks nothing like yours. I heart yours. I just realized it was Friday and I actually have finishes this week but no photos yet. As soon as daylight hits, I'm snapping away.

Miri said...

Wonderful Shoofly quilt! Bet the flannel makes it extra warm and cuddly.

I am so glad I finally finished something by Friday and could join in the fun!

Quilts and Cats said...

That's a great flannel quilt! I've been hording flannel for a while but still haven't decided on a pattern. Also, thanks for the heads up on "Confederacy". I downloaded it from my library website and start listening to it later today. I LOVE my MP3 because I can quilt and read at the same time! Lynne

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and cozy quilt! Love the colors.

Liz Jimenez said...

Ooh, cozy and delicious! That looks perfect for snuggling.

Heather said...

I was visiting at Miri's this morning and found your link (again, lost it before). Joined this time as a follower. I post my needlwork progress on Tuesdays, so I hope its ok that I put that link. Am looking forward to joining you regularly.

love the colours in your quilt. great design.

Bea said...

I love your quilt! Where do you get your fabric? Even when I go to the "big" city, I can not find enough nice flannel to make a quilt. Do you do your won quilting? Great finish. Wish I had one to share.

The Mother said...

I finished the vest!

And the tie, and the kerchief, and all the alterations on the tux. Yahoo!

Becca said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!!!!

Eye surgery is so scary to me...that's why I haven't had LASIK yet.

Roslyn said...

That does look very cozy and warm just in time for this cold weather!

Heather said...

Thanks for visiting with me. I really love orange, so had to use those tiny triangles. Usually I just put them away in a box and never see them again, but that means too many unfinished items. This one I know I will get done shortly. Keeping it in sight and it will get done.

Cheryl Lage said...

Your sense of color (and warmth!) is so incredible. Of course your quilting skills are nothing to be sneezed at either!

Rosemary said...

I just love the colours of your flannel quilt! You've done a great job as usual.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs