Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finished for Friday: Rhett and Scarlett



Today's finish is on the "Lit" side of my life. I finished reading "Gone With the Wind."

Have you ever had a book hangover - where you were so engrossed in a story that after you put it down it was difficult to start another book? That's what Gone With the Wind does for me. I haven't read it in 20 years, but the characters came so alive for me that it was hard to say goodbye to them, even though I've read the book several times before. Here's a link if you'd like to go back to Tara. I read it on my Kindle, which was certainly a comfortable way to read this otherwise hefty volume.



I'll be back to crafty finishes next week (I hope!) I have a lot of projects going at the moment but none are near completion. I am distracted by my garden (the weeds!), a local quilt shop going out of business (the sales!), and my new Netflix disk for the wii (the movies!). I hope you're staying on track better than I am.

So show us what you've been up to. And if you haven't been visiting the participants, you're missing some great posts! Every week I see things I love - that I end up adding to my endless to do list.


6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I loved Gone With The Wind! I read it in 11th grade as a sort of challenge to myself. I have been wanting to re-read it now that I am older, but haven't gotten around to it.

Sherri said...

Loved the book and the movie! It is my favorite movie of all time. I'd watched the movie tons before reading the book. I'm named after Vivian Leigh.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I totally know what you mean. The worst is when I finish a book I don't want to finish and I get sad that it's over. Unfortunately I don't get to read a lot being a sahm of two little kids.

The Mother said...

I do get that book hangover. Those are the ones you go back to, again and again.

I have about four. None of them are "classics" in the usual sense. Just books that make me feel good, and books that make me think. The last part is important--if you're going to read a book more than once, it has to be a book that's deep enough to surprise you every time.

Unknown said...

GWTW is one of the few books I read over and over. I have a first edition that I got at a book barn for 25 cents about 30 years ago. It was one of the first adult books I owned and I love reading the old book and thinking about who else read it and loved Scarlet's story, too.

Laura said...

I read that book for the first time about two years ago, and had never seen the movie either. I was sooo upset when I got to the end of the book!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs