Monday, June 21, 2010

Makes My Monday: Science Camp

Back when my kids were small, many happy summer mornings were spent at the local middle school at "Science Camp."  They got to do funny crafts like making oobleck (like silly putty) and sing crazy songs.  My kids loved it.

One of their favorite things about science camp was their group leader, a big grown-up high school kid.  They always idolized and loved their leaders.

Time passes, children grow, and tables turn.  Here's what I found eating yogurt at the breakfast table this morning:

Meet the newest science camp leader.  She's so excited.  As a former camp counselor myself, I know she's in for a fun week.  And whenever we help others grow, we grow up a little more ourselves.

Seeing Drama Girl going back to camp makes my Monday.  To see more happy Monday moments, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Alisa said...

The photo loaded before the background, so I couldn't read the words at first. My first thought was "That cannot be Drama Girl!"
She's so grown up.
Congrats on raising not only such a beautiful girl, but a great one as well.

SouthernDogwoods said...

How much fun! Congratulations, I know she will have a great time! And now she can make a lasting impression just like her camp leaders did on her. : )

Cheryl Lage said...

Science camp LEADER!??! Awesome!
(plus oobleck, you gotta love some Oobleck!)

Your role model and summer fun (and your appreciation of both) Make My Monday. Thanks so much for playing along, ThreeUnder!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs