Thursday, August 5, 2010

Finished for Friday: One Day



I haven't been able to get much done in the crafty department this week, although I've made a lot of progress. I did read a lot of books though! I'll share one of them with you.

One Day by David Nicholls is currently a bestseller.  It's the story of Dexter and Emma, two people with a strong attraction to each other who end up going different directions with their lives, although their paths keep intersecting over the course of 20 years..  The chapters are each a snapshot of the same day of the year, July 15, the anniversary of when they first got to know each other.

The characters are strong and believable and the writing is witty.  I couldn't put it down.  If you remember how different you were as a person at age 20, age 30 and age 40, you'll appreciate the subtle changes the characters go through over time.

Also read this week; Cutting for Stone (5 stars!), I'm a Stranger Here Myself (4 stars, really laugh-out-loud funny, Pride and Prejudice (always 5 stars).

What have you been up to?  Please be sure when you link up to leave a comment and visit at least some of the other participants.  We all appreciate the traffic.  Thanks for joining in and have a great weekend!

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting again. It occurred to me as I was linking that I didn't follow you. I'm sorry. I really that that if I'm going to link to your party when I have a project, I should be a follower. I've corrected that now. I really enjoy your blog. Please feel free to visit me at my blog and do the same, if so inspired!

Miri said...

Glad you're feeling better.

I love books that make me laugh out loud-thanks!

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting.
I managed to eek out a quick post. Life is sooo busy right now.
Will get back to visit later.

smiles and blessings

barbara jean

Melissa said...

Fun to see what you are reading!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs