Monday, December 6, 2010

Makes My Monday: State Champion

This short video captures the amazing moment of joy when my daughter won first place all around in the Northern California gymnastics championship.  I wasn't quick enough with my camera, but you can hear the announcer say "...level champions.  Gymnasts please salute!"  That's Wasabi Girl there in the number 1 spot with the enormous smile.  She's holding a pillowcase they gave her as part of her award, that says "Dream Big."

Throughout the competition season, the first place all-around medal has eluded her.  It's been her single goal.  She couldn't have picked a better meet to win it.  I'm so proud I could burst.

Having a champion in the family makes my Monday.  To see more Monday makers, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Lisa said...

Like!!! Congrats to you both.

Safire said...

Congrats to the big winner! That's awesome!

Cheryl Lage said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I am SOOOO excited for her---and for you! What an accomplishment. Hooray for the ability to "Dream Big" and to WIN BIG!!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with Makes My Monday, Sweet Lady!

Rosemary said...

Congratulations to Wasabi Girl. I know how excited she must be and how proud of her you must feel.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs