Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Are You Up For a Challenge?

I've been scouring the web this past week looking for reading challenges that I can try.  I've found a few and maybe you would like to join me.  Click on the buttons below to see the source blogs, or find your own - there's a good list of current challenges at A Novel Challenge



The 2011 e-book challenge is hosted by The Ladybug Reads and requires reading from 3-100 e-books.  I know I wont get to 100, but I'm pretty sure I'll read more than three.


Since I love big fat novels of historical fiction, I'm joining the Georgette Heyer Reading Challenge hosted by All Things Historical Fiction.  I picked up the first book from Amazon for $0.99, which works for me!  If any of you have read her works, I would love your opinions on which of her books I should read.  Minimum is 3 this year.

Reading Extensively is hosting a "Page to Screen" reading challenge.  Simply read 5 or more books that have been adapted to movies or television shows.  Optionally watch those movies after reading the books.  Sounds like fun!  Did you know the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean movie is based on a book?

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

The Book Vixen is hosting the "Outdo Yourself" reading challenge.  This one simply asks that you read more books than you did last year.  Since I read all my books on my Kindle last year, it shouldn't be too hard for me to figure out how many that was.  This is a good challenge for everyone.

That's all I'm going to commit to right now.  There are a few more that overlap - challenges to read public domain books and free books. There is a fun challenge to read a whole series of P.G. Wodehouse books.  I'm still thinking about that one.

Let me know if you're joining in on any of these.  And send me recommendations if you know good books that fit these categories.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cynthia said...

This is great - thanks for sharing!

Dena said...

I've already signed up for the Page to Screen challenge (as I'm sure you know). I barely read any books that weren't by Dr. Seuss, Mercer Mayer, or Richard Scarry last year, so I think I'm just going to stick to one challenge this year to get me back into reading "mommy" books!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in my Outdo Yourself challenge!

La Coccinelle said...

Thanks for joining the E-Book Reading Challenge! Have fun with all your challenges!

Christina T said...

Thanks for signing up for the Page to Screen challenge!

If you have any reviews for January, you can post them here

I had no idea that On Stranger Tides was based on a book! I'll have to look it up and add it to my list. Good luck with all your challenges!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs