Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Needlework Tuesday: Christmas Rose

Tuesdays are a good day to review works in progress around here. As usual, I have several things cluttering up the house on hand to work on.


It's time to think about ornaments for Christmas.  This is the current work in progress.  It's from one of my British cross-stitch magazines from a while back.  It's called Christmas rose - a plant that I've now learned isn't really a rose at all, and seldom blooms on Christmas.  Christmas rose is just much more romantic sounding than "Easter Hellebore" I guess.


This is the next block in my "Baltimore Christmas" sampler.  The pieces are all wool on a flannel background.  This quilt will be heavy when it's done!  These are only the next layer of pieces; there are still arms holding up trumpets and legs and shoes to add, then a lot of embroidery to fill in.  This project is epic.  I love working with this soft soft wool though.

Join Heather over at Books and Quilts for Needlework Tuesday.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

Good work on both prjects. Yes, I agree, that quilt will be heavy, but wonderfully warm.

Please feel free to grab the Mouse for your Needlework Tuesday posts. Sherrie at Just Books made her for me.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Seeing that cross stitch makes me want to pick one up and start stitching again. Your quilt block is pretty. It will snugly warm on a cold winter night. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs