Monday, September 26, 2011

Makes My Monday: The New Face in the Kitchen


I'm willing to bet my family goes through more toast than the average family.  Here in the land of delicious sourdough bread and the occasional homemade bread toast is a food group all on its own.

Our last 4-slot toaster finally reached it's end.  I knew how to push the levers down just so, so they would catch and hold, but others in the family banged on it repeatedly and said choice words when the bread popped right back up at them.  So I picked family peace and morning quiet over trying to train them in the finer points of toaster use.

This new model has a digital readout of not only the darkness you select, but a countdown until it's done.  Then it beeps to politely remind you to come get your warm bread.  Already the house is split into two camps; those who walk away from the toaster and depend on the beep, and those who hover nearby, hitting the "cancel" button moments before the beep is set to sound.  We all find our thrills in different ways.  Meanwhile the debate rages on the new bagel toasting feature, which toasts the inside of the bagel while "gently warming" the outside.  I love it, while certain members of the family just can't adapt to that much novelty.

Warm bread makes my Monday.  Visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation for more Monday makers.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

"Already the house is split into two camps; those who walk away from the toaster and depend on the beep, and those who hover nearby, hitting the "cancel" button moments before the beep is set to sound."

People are so funny!! Thanks for the smile.

debi10kids said...

oh my! Now THAT's a toaster ;)

Cheryl Lage said...

How wonderful! I LOVE retro looking devices resplendent with modern features!
(I'd rely on the beep....)

Thanks for the Monday made! :)

Tami said...

I bought a four-slicer when our kids were in grade school because toast was their favorite breakfast and after-school snack. It is now at the stage you described - it works as long as you gently depress and hold the button just so. I tried to replace it with a 2 slicer (for just 2 people, seemed logical) but Hubby wouldn't have it. So now I'm going to search for one like yours that will "gently warm" my bagel. What pampering! :) Thanks for the tip.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs