Thursday, October 27, 2011

Finished for Friday: Which Witch's Boot?




Yay! Doing my happy dance today because I got my Halloween project finished. Before Halloween even.

The original pattern is by Crabapple Hill.   The inner border is supposed to be a stripe, but I couldn't find one I liked in my stash so I used jumbo ric rac instead.  Because ric rac cures everything.  The tinting was done with crayons and I used Cosmo floss for the first time for the embroidery.  Lovely stuff.

In a classic move quilters everywhere will appreciate, I managed to run out of my orange thread with only about 4 inches of the border left to quilt.  Had to stop everything and run out to the quilt shop.  Luckily they had the color I needed.

Now I can sit back and enjoy the next few days until Halloween.  After I make popcorn balls, help the kids with costumes, set up a party for the teenagers...

What have you been up to this week?  Link up and share.  Thanks for stopping by!


5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

Oops sorry about the double submission the web address the first one has an incorrect address.

Melissa said...

The boot turned out great...nice work.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful Quilt! Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Heather said...

gorgeous. love all the quilting.

Tami said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs