Monday, April 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday: Flower Pot

I finished my applique project that I started at my quilt retreat.


The original pattern had very traditional reds and greens like a Baltimore Album quilt.  But then I found a scrap of focus fabric in my stash for the pot and the whole bright color scheme followed.



I learned a lot about machine applique!  I spent many hours carefully stitching each piece.  There is even some reverse-applique.  I'm so happy with how it turned out.


Some of the circles, like these red ones below, were really tiny.

  

I also learned how to quilt feathers.  I've never been brave enough to try them before.  Don't look too closely, they're a little wonky, but I love the overall effect.


I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday and also Makes My Monday.

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

One Minnesota Quilter said...

Wonderful!
Judy

Maya in CA said...

Gorgeous work! I think the feathers look great!

Melissa said...

I am so happy to see you working so quickly again...

Love the fabric in the vase that inspired the whole color scheme...

Rabid Quilter from California said...

What a beautiful quilt! Your applique is wonderful but the quilting really sets the piece off spectacularly! Wonderful job!

Rosemary said...

It's wonderful that you are quilting again. It would have been a terrible thing if you stopped producing such beautiful work as this quilt.

I am in awe of your feathers. I have been intimidated by them and although I've watched an instrucion video mulitple times, still to chicken to try. You've inspired me and I'm now determined to give it a go. Maybe after watching that video just one more time ...

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh ThreeUnder, your artistry truly amazes me...each and every aspect, the fabric selection, the design, the stitching....just stunning.

Knowing I have such a talented friend (who's rightly pleased with the results of her handiwork) Makes My Monday!

Thank you so much for playing along!

Elise SansSouci said...

Beautiful! You have some skills!

Anonymous said...

It turned out beautifully. Your quilting is fabulous. Sue would be proud.It was such a fun, productive week. My piece is still not finished. My machine is still at the Dr. Your table mate, jeanne

Wendy said...

Oh how beautiful! This is a real triumph, your stitching is beautiful and the machine quilting is gorgeous!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs