Monday, May 7, 2012

Prom


Here's my beautiful Drama Girl ready for her big night out.  She's still only a 10th grader, but she was asked by this nice 11th grade boy from her Improv team.  I think they're adorable.

I'm still in a state of denial that I have a daughter old enough to be going to the prom, but I'm so proud of the lovely young woman she is becoming.  I overheard her ordering the boutonniere on the phone and I was so impressed with her self-assurance and independence.

The whole world is shifting, as my husband and I move ever more slightly into the background of her life.  I guess it's a good thing this all happens so gradually.  Her growing up is certainly hard on me.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

She's growing into a beautiful young lady. With three grown up children I know what you are experiencing. It's a bitter sweet time in parents' lives.

Handmade Redhead said...

She's beautiful! I hope she had a great time.

It's hard to let our kids grow up, but it's worth it in the end.

Melissa said...

She looks lovely and adorable at the same time - they look so incredibly young.

Heather said...

my son is getting ready for his first prom. He's already asking about coursages and such. I'm just hoping he can get away without a tux. He keeps working out and getting bigger, so nothing fits for long and suits are expensive. eeks.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

Adorable couple! I totally understand the pull between being proud of how she's grown and wishing she would stop it! :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs