Monday, June 11, 2012

Design Wall Monday: Doll quilt


I finished piecing my doll quilt.  This has been a fun way to use up scraps, and I think I've done enough tiny triangles to satisfy me for a while.

I know to be a purist I should hand quilt it, but I have so many projects I want to move forward right now I just don't know if I want to spend the time on it.  There are a LOT of intersections and layers to work through on this.  Maybe I'll just do a very minimal amount of quilting and call it a day so I can move on.


The stars on my design wall are joined into rows.  I need to join up the rows and start on the border triangles, which are all cut out and ready to go.  I'm optimistic that I might get this one done by the 4th of July - but June is zipping by so fast!

A lot of things going on at my house.  As always, a little stitching helps me preserve my sanity.

Design Wall Monday is hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Shirley said...

If I don't get to put some stitch's in something every day you better get outta my way. I'm with you. Shirley

Angie in SoCal said...

The doll quilt is so cute! I think I can make that with all the left over triangles I've already stitched. Have some just as small as that. The star quilt is going to be a hit on the 4th. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

I don't know about this purist thing. You can bet that had our great grandmothers and older had sewing machines they would have used them for their quilting. I have a quilt from my mother-in-law's mother where the applique is by machine. She hated quilting but had to make them. She used the sewing machine when ever possible. \\

I finished a little quilt last week and gave it to my dad, so I won't call it a doll quilt.

http://www.heatherpearson.com/2012/06/needlework-tuesday-keep-on-stitching.html

Melissa said...

The doll quilt is dahling...

carol fun said...

I love both of these! That doll quilt is adorable -- lots of tiny pieces. And your stars look wonderful -Oh for more hours in a day to sew!

carol fun said...

I love both of these! That doll quilt is adorable -- lots of tiny pieces. And your stars look wonderful -Oh for more hours in a day to sew!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs