Monday, July 7, 2014

Mini Hexie quilt

I finished my little hexagon quilt that I made from the charm squares I collected during the local shop hop.  The bright batiks make me smile.  Now I feel like I need another hexie project, this one was so fun.  I admire the quilters who make huge quilts this way - so much work!

This one makes me think of summer.  I nearly fell over when I walked in the craft store yesterday and saw all the Fall displays already!  I don't want to think about Fall for a long time.  

I'm planning another trip to Disneyland next week.  The kids are all in summer school and working so this will just be a trip with my girlfriends.  Sometimes grownups are my favorite kids.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

definitely summer. That's a nice little piece and a great way to try a new technique.

Have a great time on vacation. It's been a while since I did a girls only trip, but I know what you mean, some times it just has to be done.

Cathi said...

Beautiful little hexagon quilt! It is so cheerful in those wonderful colours.
I don't want to think about fall either - not for at least two months!

Cheryl Lage said...

Love the quilt, and know you will have a wonderful time at Disney with the galpals!

ENJOY!

Tami said...

I was just browsing hexie projects last night - convincing Hubs to help me cut them out to save money over buying pre-cut - and to use up some of the "small scrap" tote.

I love your mini-quilt. I'll add that idea to my growing list.

Laura said...

Love your mini-quilt! I'm planning my first trip to Disneyland (ok, well i went when I was six but I don't remember it at all), and I'm soooo excited!!

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous colours. Be careful with starting another hexie project. I've been told they are addictive. Have fun at Disneyland.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs