Wednesday, July 23, 2014

UFO Monday: The Farmer's Wife Quilt

I am the queen of UFOs (unfinished objects).  It's so much more fun to start new projects than to finish old ones.  Lucky for me, there is a group on facebook that's working on the Farmer's Wife quilt so I'm picking that project up again.


These are a few of my recent blocks. Since I started this project, I feel like I'm seeing hot pink everywhere.  Maybe my wild color choice wont look so wild after all.

I originally planned to only do 50 of the blocks, but now that I have a group of other women to help keep me going, I might make more.  I certainly have enough pink fabric to make all 111 blocks.

27 days until Drama Girl leaves for college.  Her bedroom looks like a bomb went off.  Somehow, it needs to all get sorted and packed and stored.  At the moment the task looks impossible but I know we'll get it done.  I'm savoring every last day with her.  I'm listening to her plans to spend next summer in Europe and my heart is breaking thinking about how much I'm going to miss her.  I'm grateful that keeping my hands busy with quilts is so very comforting to me.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

Love the pink! Good luck with packing and sorting everything with Drama Girl!

Heather said...

your blocks are great. I'm thinking of making a quilt combining pink and orange, so I whole heartly endore your use of pink.

Best of wishes to your daughter. Mine is at the packing stage yet, she has until August 31, thats her move in date. Such an exciting time for all of us.

laura west kong said...

Love that pink! I don't think I would have enough pink fabric to make one. Maybe green.

Your daughter is sure to have fun. Maybe you'll have to start a special quilt to work on for her while she's away.

Lynette said...

Good for you, getting back in with your Farmer's Wife. :) It's sooo hard when they go off to college. I hope you have some fantastic moments together with her in these last days! You're right on the money about the therapeutic value of this hands-on vocation in such times.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs