Monday, April 6, 2015

My new crochet obsession: Catherine Wheel blanket



This is my newest crochet project.  The pattern is called "Catherine Wheel."  I found a really useful video with instructions here.   The basic stitch isn't difficult at all, but it took me a few repeats to figure out how to finish and start each row.  They're all a little different.

I'm making it on a big hook so it's coming together fast.  When Wasabi Girl saw it she asked if it's for Christmas.  I was hoping to just add it to my stack of blankets by the couch.  Is it too Christmassy?  Isn't red and white sort of classic?  If I have to pack it away with my Christmas decor than I'm going to start another one in different colors.

I keep all the yarn for this project in a big bag.  Hestia loves to burrow in with the yarn.

Here she is, all cozy watching me work. 

I usually work on this in the evenings while I watch something on TV.  I heard that The X-Files will be getting a reboot.  I used to love that show so now I'm working my way through all the old episodes on Netflix.  There are 202 in total.  I don't think I even watched all of them the first time they aired.  I think I sort of lost steam with the whole series when the movie came out.  But for the time being, it's fun to watch the early episodes.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's so fun to have a project you enjoy to work on while you watch a series you also enjoy! I've never seen that pattern before and it is beautiful!

Heather said...

It's not a Christmas afghan but a Canadian one that I'd be proud to use. That is a unique stitch that I haven't seen before. I enjoyed the video instructions, thanks for adding that link.

Tami said...

Beautiful pattern and wonderful work. I don't think it's too Christmasy. It's just cheerful and inviting. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs