Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Back to Hogwarts



I've been piecing a Harry Potter quilt over the past few months.  This block with the sorting hat seems appropriate to show you today.  It's September First, the day the students all board the Hogwarts Express and get sorted into their houses.  J.K. Rowling tweeted a reminder of who is riding the train today:


Here in the states, my daughter Drama Girl has returned for her second year at her university with a castle.  I got to see her for five days after her extensive European trip.  Of course I miss her.

My twins are at their respective high schools, and we are all getting back into the routine of September. 

In the spirit of new beginnings and challenges, I have decided to take on a 30-day blogging challenge.  I'd like to get back into the habit of writing each day, and I'm certain that it's going to help me get organized with finishing projects.  Hang in there with me and I will reveal a new Harry Potter quilt block each day.

The quilt is designed by Jennifer Ofenstein and all of the block patterns are available for free from Fandom in Stitches.


1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

Welcome back. I've missed you. I love your sorting hat block. I'm off to look at Fandom in Stitches right now.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs