Friday, May 10, 2019

Writing a Novel



I wrote a book. It's got a beginning, a middle, and an end,  plot, characters, dialogue, emotions. All the stuff that makes a book. I edited it, read it through, smiled and carefully put it in a drawer.

So now that's over. I know that I have the mechanics to actually bring a story to life in long form. But I also know that that first book was a bit of an experiment and  big adventure in learning.

I learned a lot, and I'm well into my next book now, which has a better chance of becoming a real book - or at least having a few other humans reading it.

So don't ask me if you can read my book yet. Believe me, when it's out there I won't shut up about it. You'll probably find a free copy in your mailbox if you know me personally.

Writing is relaxing for me, and I'm enjoying the adventure. Drama Girl teaches writing and has been helping me every step of the way. Seems fair, since I taught her how to do things like ride a bike, use a spoon and for that matter, the English language.  That investment in child-rearing is already paying off.

Tell me about your writing adventures!

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs