Monday, January 19, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

I've had trouble writing lately. I felt. . .cramped. My blog just wasn't working for me. The tulips were pretty but I couldn't fit my words into that little space.

So goodbye, fixed-width columns. Goodbye right-justified paragraphs. Goodbye comments that were smooshed together so I could hardly read them.

I need space to stretch out my words here.

I'm a blogger. An independent thinker. I reserve the right to revert to my old blog style. Thank you to everyone who complimented me on the tulip layout. They were pretty, weren't they? And to those of you who've joined me recently - those are my roses in the header. That day last April when I decided to start a blog I just walked outside and snapped that.

So now I feel like I'm home. This is where I used to write so easily. And where my photos fit. Maybe I'm just a creature of habit.

16 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Alisa said...

I've been having the same problem, thus the lack of posts on my blog. I am boring. I kind of like it that way sometimes though.

Unknown said...

The tulips were pretty but I definitely like this better! :)

The Raggedy Girl said...

If it doesn't work fix it and then tweak it and then re-design it and then do it over. Life is all about experiments.
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. I understand.

If you ever want to make your header image go the entire width of your page let me know. I can help.

me

Cheryl Lage said...

ThreeUnder, I wish I could describe the sense of homecoming when I clicked here today! Not that I didn't like your new look, I did; but as soon as I saw the roses and the unihibited text (in every meaning of the word), things just felt right with the world.

Don't go changin' to try and please us. We love you just the way you are. (and I like the Tudor/Stuart feel of the blog title too...)

[And thanks for your kind words of support...we're A-OK...speed bump. Looking for the window we're faithful will open...]

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I have to be honest - I TOTALLY MISSED THE OLD SITE!!!! This is so much more real and easy to read and just you - so I'm thrilled with your revelation! xoxo sister-in-la

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you, at least you gave it a try proving you are flexable but know what you want.

Laura said...

Oh Yea, ya gotta have room to stretch out or you'll get all crampy.

Anonymous said...

The roses are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I really DID stop folding laundry to write this! I love your beautiful roses header. Happy writing! x

ALIANSI-MAHASISWA-PAPUA(AMP) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patty said...

I am really glad you went back to your old (as in former) look. I love the pink background and the roses are beautiful.

Claremont First Ward said...

I LIKE it at TON!

Jocasta said...

I'm a fan of the roses - not that i have anything against tulips!!

JEWELGIRL said...

Meeee too! The winter doldrums do it
and having an almost teen drama queen definitely makes me a little
pre-occupied. :) Jewelgirl

Eileen said...

Yay!! I totally agree with you about the comments being squished together!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs