Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finished for Friday the 13th

Lit and Laundry

I haven't got much to show for this week, but I've logged 54 hours on the leg torture therapy machine.


I've read 1 real book (Gods and Generals) and 2 lovely mindless books; Something about a runaway Princess and something about this guy who breaks his leg and ends up waiting to heal in a room in a house with a beautiful woman in Medieval England and the whole plot is just a retelling of "Rear Window." I can't even remember the name of that one and I read it yesterday.

I've been working on some needlework projects, but haven't finished any yet. Hope you have something to share!

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

I have too many going at once, but I did finish the goofy bunny the other night.

HeatherV said...

Busy, busy week. Glad to hear you are recovering day by day!

Lisa said...

I myself have not finished anything this week. I am reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter right now and will probably finish that tonight. It's a decent book. Sort of depressing, though. I hate how so much of modern fiction is depressing.

I am glad you are feeling well enough to post. I have been thinking about you here and there and wondering how you were doing. Hopefully things keep going well and someone picks up that paper clip! :-)

Libby's Library said...

I feel your pain - really I do!

I just had a proximal and distal open patellar realignment (my second - yeah I'm such a glutton for pain that after having my right leg done, I went back and had the left one done too), 4 weeks ago today. I don't have a machine for a friend, but I do have a locked brace that I have to wear 24/7 (because of the leg being broken) except - when it comes off for therapy (so that the knee won't "freeze").

Hang in there - my daughter had to use something similar to your torture machine, when she had knee surgery - it really did aid in her recovery.

Had to laugh about the paper clip in your ealier post. The same kinds of things are driving me nuts at my house. Geeeesh - we have dustbunnies that are so big - I'm wondering if they are gonna leave eggs out after we've gone to bed at night!

By-the-way, I found you via ColoradoLady.

Elizabeth said...

Haven't been by in a while...Sorry to hear about the surgery...unless of course, it helps! I am currently addressing some hip pain with my chiroprator...hopefully, I just strained it...
I'll say a prayer for your quick recovery...and that someone picks up the paperclip ;)
Pax, E

PS...I'm following you now...

Anonymous said...

Everytime I click over I am rewarded by the prettiness of your blog. Such a lovely design...

Good for you for sticking to the yucky leg machine...looks...well, NOT FUN!

Coloradolady said...

I am so lame...I did the post and forgot to link in...sorry for my absent mind.

The Mother said...

I just spent the weekend with my husband's relatives.

Can I swap you for the leg torture device?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs