Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finished for Friday: Obama and Ort Report


An icon of our times. It's very small, so I finished it ornament-style. If you would like a pattern, it's free with orders over at Subversive Cross Stitch. I warn you however, the patterns there are not for the easily offended.


And here, a few days early, is my collection of orts for the Totally Useless Stitch-Along. This represents only a few weeks, so I'm pretty far behind the other stitchers I think, but still, this is what passes for excitement in my world.

If you've done something more exciting than collect scraps of thread, please share. Add you link below and let us know what you've been up to. Grab a button from my sidebar for your blog if you'd like.

Lit and Laundry

Have a great weekend!

13 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

One of these days...I AM going to do SOMETHING.

Liz Jimenez said...

Hah! I love the crafty world. There's a pattern for anything! If I had a Christmas tree to hang it on, I'd totally make one of those. :-)

Lots of craftiness at my house this week, but nothing finished. Dang, binding is slow! But I should have something to show for my efforts next week.

Liz Jimenez said...

Bwa ha ha! My kids just saw the picture on the computer screen and started shouting "Oh-ma-ma! Oh-ma-ma!" I've brainwashed them well. :-)

The Mother said...

Okay, so being me, I had to click on the Subversive Cross stitch link.

Hilarious.

I really didn't know cross-stitchers had a sense of humor at all, since the only one I actually knew was an ancient paternal aunt who was a real bitch.

And you, of course. Who continues to astound me with her weekly progress.

I actually cleaned my house this week. Do I get points?

LauraC said...

I love it!! We each pick out a Christmas tree ornament every year and this may be the one I make for myself to celebrate.

Thinking about you and your recovery!

HeatherV said...

Ok.. this is the catalyst to get me to lean to sew! LOVE IT!

Bea said...

I may just have to take up cross stitching after visiting that link. =)

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love your Obama stitchery. And your ORTS are so cute!

Have a Wonderful Weekend
from The Raggedy Girl--Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey hella toonist U R. Enjoy ur toons. Making a recovery myself, I have plenty of medical toons as well with waaaaay TMI. Showed them 2 surgeon and could tell he was little freaked out by them maybe because they depicted things we're not suppose to remember from surgery. Wish you well n ur recovery. Damn I always liked P.T. it was the only thing that worked and it always felt good. And I don't need a P.T. to put my foot behind my head but yeah, that does hurt a little. I knitted geeky mittens while I was laid up theres a pic of them on my dorkage.net blog

Lindsay-ann said...

Your Obama stitching looks great. I will check out that website.
I have set up a private blog for family pictures. I want to invite you to view it but I need your e-mail address to do so. Please can you leave me a comment stating your e-mail address? When I moderate my comments I will not publish it.
Lindsay

Claremont First Ward said...

So cool. This is the first time I've seen that image in that medium! :)

noble pig said...

Nice work!

Eileen said...

Your Ort Container is pretty neat! I started one too.. but never got around to signing up at the site yet.
Hope the therapy goes good and fast this week.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs