Thursday, September 3, 2009

Finished for Friday: First week of school

I have a different kind of finish this week . . .I survived! Looking over my calendar, I did the following this week:

  • Drove 15 kids to middle school (my 3 kids x 5 days)
  • Picked up 8 kids from middle school
  • Picked up 3 kids from the library
  • Picked up 4 kids from the high school (because 1 kid goes there after middle school for geometry class)
  • Drove 2 kids to 10 ballet classes
  • 1 kid had a music lesson here at home
  • 1 kid had an emergency music lesson in order to learn music for the jazz band audition
  • 2 kids had jazz band auditions
  • Drove 2 kids to Nutcracker auditions
  • Drove 2 kids to 3 gymnastics workouts
  • Drove 1 kid to teen advisory council at the library
  • Drove 1 kid to scouts
  • Drove myself to 2 physical therapy appointments and 1 doctor's appointment
I'm exhausted. Didn't get my crafty projects finished this week. Thankfully, not every week will be like this, as the kids have new bikes to ride and we will be carpooling with a neighbor.

I hope you have some finished projects to share! Add your link and visit the other participants to cheer them on. Have a great weekend!


8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

HeatherV said...

Wow, you really logged some miles this week. Hope you had a good audiobook in the car.

Super, busy crazy first full week back at school, but the weather has been great and nice enough for trips to the park multiple times.

Knitty said...

You just described the down side of back to school season. Even though I haven't been an active part of that for over a decade (ouch!) I still change gears this time of year and find myself wondering where I am and what have I forgotten to do.

I have nothing to show this week either, but I have high hopes for next Friday! :)

Bea said...

I remember those days! Kind of miss them now.

The Mother said...

I didn't get anything done this week either, and it's our second week of school.

Cheryl Lage said...

You got a LOT done! I'm exhausted reading it all...and suppose I'd best steel myself for our first week of second grade next week!

RachelD said...

Oh, my Dear!!! Just the reading of the ins and outs and seatbelts and door slammings---you've been driving a CLOWN CAR!!!

I just don't know how you young folks do it.

Patty said...

ust think how much cash you'd have if you charged them all gas money.

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

This sounds oh so familiar and I only have 3 kids one of whom pretty much provides his own transportation by bike & bus. One does get to feel like a taxi service at times! I have to either have a book (a mystery usually) or some handwork stashed in my purse to handle all the waiting that the pick ups and drop offs necessitate. Take Care.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs