Tuesday, September 1, 2009

How NOT to take first day of school pictures

I've never claimed to be a great photographer. Heaven knows I try though. And I feel obligated to take traditional pictures that families are supposed to have. In the category of first day of school pictures, I'll be the first to admit I epic fail.

Witness this, the best shot I could get in 2003. Two first graders and a third grader.


This year the moment I got out my camera the kids made a run for it. I barely had time to lean over the balcony and take a shot before they dashed into the car. As you can see, it appears that two of my little angels are having a dispute over who gets to ride shotgun. Sigh.

For pictures that are actually good, visit Angie at Seven Clown Circus for Wordless Wednesday. For better nostalgic pictures, join in on Way back When-esday at Twinfatuation.

11 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Muthering Heights said...

Awww, they're not so bad...

Liz Mays said...

You captured the reality of a typical day and I love it!

LauraC said...

I actually LOVE that last picture!! So true to life!

Brenda said...

In my experience, first of school pictures have to be pretty much imposed, but they are so fun to have later.

Claremont First Ward said...

I love that you capture what's REALLY going on! L(

HeatherV said...

Love it! I posted today Ben's first day picture with memories of my own.

Rob said...

That is awesome they made a break for it. Funny! Still a great pic.

Happy WW!

Cheryl Lage said...

Staged pictures don't convey the fun these do!

Thanks so much for the shout-out and for playing along!

Nancy said...

HAH! That second picture is awesome :)

Eva said...

I remember fondly (NOT) those days of driving, and driving and waiting.....with 4 kids just add a few more trips and my list was very similar to yours! Hang in there, it does get better and you eventually get your life back.

I added my finish to your list!

Eva

MeekoRouse said...

you'll be laughing when you look back at these 10 or 20 years from now.. ;P

As others have said better than I could. You are capturing life. =)

best wishes.. and happy labor day!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs