Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finished for Friday: Wonky Snowflakes


Sorry for the shadowy picture!  Here are some more snowflakes.  I'm enjoying making these between quilts and needlepoint projects.  Sometimes my hands and brain just want to switch gears and do something different.

The top snowflake ended up with little pretzel shapes in the design.  Can you see them?  I don't think they're supposed to look like that.  The one on the left has a little bit of curl in the tips.  The only way to prevent that would have been to use about 100 pins to block it, and who's that picky?  The one on the right is the one that my cat was modeling on the previous post.

I also read a couple of short books this week.  One of the book challenges I'm joining this year asks us to read books that have been adapted to movies.  Beauty and the Beast is really more of a short story, but I'm going to count it.

If you think you know the story, it's still fun to read the original version.  I had my Kindle read it aloud while I was sewing.

There are actually two movies I have in mind that tie into this book.  The first is the Disney version, and the second is "Beastly" which is coming out this year starring Vanessa Hudgens.   Drama Girl is particularly excited about this movie, since Beastly is her favorite book.  I have to read that one next!


I also read The Time Machine by H. G. Wells.  One of those books I somehow missed in high school.  Glad I got around to it.  I haven't seen the movie yet.  There seem to be several versions - have you seen it?

What have you been up to this week?  Link up and show us!  Thanks for joining in!  I'm switching linky providers this week so let's see how this works.  Thanks for your patience and let me know in the comments if you have problems.

11 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas said...

Thanks for hosting!! Have a great wekend.
Barb

anne maskell said...

Thanks for the party! Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting the linky party! I love reading through all the links:)

Heather said...

The snowflakes are wonderful. Wonky, natural, I do think that maybe with all that falling through the air they just got a bit banged up.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

Thanks for hosting a linky party! I linked up an Easter (yes, already!) garland. The pic is sideways. Just more proof of my awesomeness. lol

Patty said...

I love your snowflakes!

Ziggyeor said...

Cute snowflakes. I like your post below of checking the contrast on the cat! If I did that with the ferret he would grab it and go!

I'm currently reading Spirits in the Wires by Charles de Lint.

Congrats on your boy making the audition and getting a full scholarship!

Melissa said...

I think the snowflakes look lovely.

I like to research fairy tales - I have several of Maria Tatars books on the Grimm Fairy Tales. I've never research BandB. Might have to do that.

M

Anonymous said...

Am excited to link up with Sadie's Blanket this week as it has taken more than a few Fridays to finish. The ruffles about did me in! Everyone has been so productive this week! ~Kelly

http://deniablydomestic.blogspot.com/2011/02/sadies-blanket.html

Laura said...

Look at all of these productive people...dag. I need a hobby.

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Thank you for hosting. I am your newest follower.

Lisa @ Lesapea xx

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs